Bienvenue sur la Divesline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bienvenue sur la Divesline

forum de discussion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!

Go down 
+17
Loki
irish colleen
Irish Rebel
Ree
Beckyiam
Janet ME
vivi
Brian
Mary
Lizzy P
Corinne
Gillteamo
Heaven_lea27
oscarkris
SebastiensRose
balibabe
Luisa
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Ree
American Divesline
American Divesline

Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jun - 7:48

Heaven_lea27 wrote:
Umm, does it have to be new music...?

If not, here are a couple of mine that I've been listening to a bit these last couple of days - and yes, they do show my age - ancient! lol

HUGS

ps - sorry if this is inappropriate for this topic... I'll only put a couple lol

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_cXOesI1Aw0&feature=related

and just to show I can listen to stuff this side of 2000 (this is for you Ree lol)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Fl2yWalH4

Oooh I just noticed I got a little cihck with a drink above avi - yay :)

OMG-- shoes I love it!!!!

Thanks for the links Lea and of course- all the music is fine-- that is what this is here for--

Loved the Blue October too-- SWOON!

REE
Back to top Go down
Heaven_lea27
copines!
copines!

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jun - 7:51

Ree wrote:

Loved the Blue October too-- SWOON!

REE

Hey, gotta look after my fellow smidgette now :)

and thanks for embedding "Kelly" - I tried, but was having a blond moment lol

HUGS
Back to top Go down
Irish Rebel
Irish Divesline
Irish Divesline

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Jun - 10:05

Heaven_lea27 wrote:

ps - sorry if this is inappropriate for this topic... I'll only put a couple lol

No such thing as inappropriate music in here....so far...... Laughing Laughing

Heres something wonderful Wink

Back to top Go down
Irish Rebel
Irish Divesline
Irish Divesline

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Jun - 10:17

One more thing...........

Cyd Charisse passed over today.
I always wanted to have legs like her and I loved her as a dancer!!
Here is one of her most famous scenes from one of the most famous of Musicals Cool
Here's to Cyd Charisse I love you

Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Jun - 12:38

Oh now here is a thread where I can really express my feelings. pale

I am NOT a great lover of the type of music ID sing I am afraid. I am really just an opera, classical freak but my very favourite singer of all time BRYN TERFEL also sings crossover,besides being the number one singer of operas, such as Wagner's Flying Dutchman. My dear old love and I sat one evening for 2 hours whilst Bryn sang the Dutchman in that opera. I am not a great Wagner lover, as I find him heavy going but watching that wonderful man, who can act as well as sing, had us both enthralled.
I am now in my 84th year and I have never heard a bass/baritone his equal.
I am not a lover of tenors but I must say David has a really good well trained tenor voice, as does Carlos's Baritone.
I am not going to offend anyone by expressing my opinion of the other two lads .
If you enjoy their singing, that is good. They are giving YOU pleasure and that should be their aim.
I am hoping there is just one other friend on here who shares my love of opera?????
We all have different tastes and that is what makes the world go round and the fact Il Divo did not fulfill my hopes they would bring the classics to more people, is beside the point as they have brought so many people together. We share opinions and, on here. they will be respected as opinions and not slammed as not politically correct ......and to hell with that PC business.
I met people from all over the UK and the Irish Republic too in my army years during the war. It opened my eyes believe me. It taught me a certain amount of tolerence but an understanding to a great extent, about people. Majority are decent, hardworking and lovely people and here I think are some of the best
My love to you all
Here endeth the first lesson Sleep
Veraxx
Back to top Go down
Loki
SuperMod
SuperMod
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Jun - 12:48

Oh Vera,

'Our' Bryn is most certainly one of Wales national treasures, never cared for Shirley Bassey or Tom Jones, or Catherine Jenkins, don't mind a bit of Charlotte Church occassionally, especially her singing Carrickfergus. I was rather partial to Harry Seacome though, the very first piece of opera I heard was on his Sunday evening show, he sang a duet with someone (no idea who) and it just blew me away, young as I was, it was the Pearl Fishers Duet (Into the temple) and to this day, that piece is my favorite, I just love Bryn and Andrea Bocelli singing it, of course, I don't need to point out to you that Andrea sings the part Harry did that Sunday evening.

On another note, the very first LP I bought was the 1812 overture, hardly a normal purchase for a teenager lol! lol! lol!

Here is Charlotte singing Carrickfergus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udmny3jKR4w
Back to top Go down
http://www.livingspirits.co.uk
Irish Rebel
Irish Divesline
Irish Divesline
Irish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Jun - 14:59

GRANNIEVERA wrote:
Oh now here is a thread where I can really express my feelings. pale

I am hoping there is just one other friend on here who shares my love of opera?????

Veraxx

I love all types of music, Vera but I remember hearing Pavarotti for the first time and I fell in love with his voice. I am not an opera buff but I listen to music and try to find out what the name of the song is and the name of the opera. I am a bit of a greenhorn Embarassed

Here is one of my favourites though....sang by the Vard Sisters Very Happy

This is the Flower duet from the opera "Lakmé" by Leo Délibes

Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Jun - 17:21

Hi Rebel....Excellent taste me darlin. I remember the first time I heard that, many years ago and sung...and here is the critic in me...sung a little slower and the voices were less shrill, maybe the recording tho...but I think it was Victoria de los Angeles and I cannot remember who the other was...now long gone I fear but there are still recordings of them. Such a beautiful piece of music. Back to bed...have to be up at this time to visit the loo...one of the many things that come with old age and I often pop in here, now I have the strains of that lovely music in my ears.....mmm lovely, thank you
God bless you
Vera
Back to top Go down
Heaven_lea27
copines!
copines!
Heaven_lea27

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 0:43

Thanks for helping to expand my music range ladies :)

When I was a kid, and dinosaurs roamed free, I always swore that the only music I would listen to was 70's - ABBA, Bay City Rollers, Sherbet etc. My folks were country, and I refuse, to this day to like it, although I will concede there are a couple of songs I do now enjoy. Shh, it's a secret lol.

Anyway, over the years, I've come to learn what I've been missing. Still don't do country, or heavy metal, but I now love classical (Beethoven and Strauss being faves at the minute), will listen to music past 1990 and have come to learn to like quite a few ACDC songs (are they heavy? bummer lol).

So, now with some more points of view, I'm sure my range will grow even more. I look forward to being edumacated, so that I can at least get my head out of the 70's cloud (stop laughing Ree) lol And to think I could have missed out on IL Divo affraid damn lol

Anyway, here is my fave song by the King - it used to be American Trilogy, but I love this one more. Would love the Divos to do it... (Ok just looked at it - maybe not a Divo song lol)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=fcp_C7L2oS0

Damn, got chills...

or how about this one - Def Divo lol

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=YikMhfKmBrY

LONG LIVE THE KING!

:)

p s- OMG WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO MY SONG!!!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eQhj4v4uNXA&feature=related

No offence to Celine or her fans, but really...

sigh...
Back to top Go down
Irish Rebel
Irish Divesline
Irish Divesline
Irish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 1:26

I'll be back to listen later, Lea but for now, I'll like to dedicate this to you and all our Aussie friends Wink

Its a song about a man being sent to Botany Bay for stealing bread during the famine to feed his family..... not that an excuse was needed to pack the Irish into coffin ships and send them off to "the colonies".........

Back to top Go down
Heaven_lea27
copines!
copines!
Heaven_lea27

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 2:40

Irish Rebel wrote:
I'll be back to listen later, Lea but for now, I'll like to dedicate this to you and all our Aussie friends Wink

Its a song about a man being sent to Botany Bay for stealing bread during the famine to feed his family..... not that an excuse was needed to pack the Irish into coffin ships and send them off to "the colonies".........

Aww - beautiful but sad and haunting. Thanks chick.

Hey, I'm proud of my heritage - Mafia on one side, convicts the other :) Like you say, no reason needed to ship em off. Disgraceful.

I remember a show back when I was a youngun', about such a thing - it was a great miniseries. I'm pretty sure the main lead was an Irish lass... Against the wind. I'd love to get it on dvd.. might have to investigate.

The thing I find funny now is that they all want to come here now - we're no longer a dumping ground. Still, a lot of the English do move here and then complain about how much things are better back in England. (no offence, but it's true.) Still, I guess you get taht everywhere.

Thanks again Reb, loved the song.

ps - I googled, and you can get it whoohoo. And the girl was Irish - Mary Mulvane... Here's a link for you if interested. This one has a bit more info...

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Reviews/Reviews.asp?ID=7295
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 3:31

I wish I knew how to give you some of those things you click on to listen to music. There are so many I could send you of my very special Bryn Terfel.
I am too old for my brain to learn more technology. I would not be able to do this to you all but for Loki and in the first place, pure necessity or we would have starved I think. I HAD to learn to "go on Line" for groceries as my late husband had to give up driving because of ill health...I never learned to drive for the simple reason there was always someone at home who could drive and could take me anywhere....oh God here I go again, rambling on and on and I STILL have to put away the groceries that were delivered at 10.30.
Must go
Love to you all
Veraxx
Back to top Go down
oscarkris
American Divesline!
American Divesline!
oscarkris

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 4:18

thanks for the song rebel flower flower
Back to top Go down
Irish Rebel
Irish Divesline
Irish Divesline
Irish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 5:14

Heaven_lea27 wrote:
Hey, I'm proud of my heritage - Mafia on one side, convicts the other :) Like you say, no reason needed to ship em off. Disgraceful.

Thanks again Reb, loved the song.

Looks like youre our kinda woman, Lea.....I think your gonna fit right in Twisted Evil :pirat: :pirat:

You're very welcome too, Kris Wink

Now......
Just for the lovely Vera........a wee treat. Thanks for introducing this amazing voice in here, Vera. You are a woman of taste Wink

First...Ave Maria with Carreras and Ms Westenra who supported Il Divo.

Back to top Go down
vivi
divesline historique
divesline historique
vivi

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 6:03

For you Vera... I love you
Back to top Go down
http://santons-dilandro.fr
oscarkris
American Divesline!
American Divesline!
oscarkris

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 6:18

oh vivi thank for that its the first time ive heard
bryan and he is soooo good

now i know what you've been talking about vera

thank you ladies
Back to top Go down
Heaven_lea27
copines!
copines!
Heaven_lea27

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 6:22

vivi wrote:

For you Vera... I love you

Ooh thanks Vivi - love this song and what a wonderful rendition.

You know, I can feel my culture levels rising... :)

this is good. Right?

LOL

Back to top Go down
irish colleen
Irish Divesline
Irish Divesline

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 6:52

I'm loving all the vids.....that Bryan looks like a big cuddly bear....and with a lovely voice.....
I am going to see if I can get that DVD too Lea....sounds good....tho' I never heard of it.... scratch
Can someone please oblige me with a link to David singing 'Bring Him Home' from Chicago last Dec....would really like to have it......this song has a lot of meaning to me.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 7:11

Wow keep the videos coming.

Lea I never heard that last song you posted but I know love it, thanks for posting. I have always loved Annie Lenox too, she's been one of my favorites over the years.

Vera all these years you have sung the praises of Bryn, you are right he has a beautiful voice!
Back to top Go down
Heaven_lea27
copines!
copines!
Heaven_lea27

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 7:16

irish colleen wrote:
Can someone please oblige me with a link to David singing 'Bring Him Home' from Chicago last Dec....would really like to have it......this song has a lot of meaning to me.... Sad

Hey Colleen - this is the youtube link - http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JsQS5GXmsAw

Sorry, don't know how to embed video Sad

Hope it's waht you need.

Lea
xx
Back to top Go down
Heaven_lea27
copines!
copines!
Heaven_lea27

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 7:16

irish colleen wrote:

Hey Colleen - this is the youtube link - http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JsQS5GXmsAw

Hope it's waht you need.

Lea
xx
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 7:19

here you go Lea

What a set of pipes Mr. Miller has, just lovely!
Back to top Go down
irish colleen
Irish Divesline
Irish Divesline

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 7:25

Heaven_lea27 wrote:
irish colleen wrote:

Hope it's waht you need.

Lea
xx

Thank you Darling... Wink it's perfect... Wink
Back to top Go down
Irish Rebel
Irish Divesline
Irish Divesline
Irish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 7:55

I can't find Bryn, Coll but here is the amazing RyanDan.
We all know how much I love them but I do have to say that they are two of the finest voices around today.

.......and absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they look like this........ Twisted Evil

Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 Ryandan_header
Back to top Go down
Heaven_lea27
copines!
copines!
Heaven_lea27

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 8:13

You're welcome Colleen :) and thnks to the lovely Gabbie for puttin' in the video of Smid.. David :)

Thanks for the video Reb - as an Army brat, and one who ws lucky enough to get their father home from a war zone, this hits home.

And question? are RyanDan twins, or just two guys who look alike (hard to tell from pic). I"m only asking cause I saw something on youtube about them - in one of their film clips, people commented about the guys facin and singing to each other ( it was a love song) and then there were a couple of other commns. Some were less than nice

Forgive my ignorance - until I came to teh Bar, had never heard of them. (and no, not just cause I only listen to Divos and disco lol)

Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 8:34

Oh my very dear girl..you have made an old woman very happy. I think that was a recording he made, some years ago, from Amsterdam, I am sure. I did have a CD of that performance. Like the song you just heard, his wonderful voice made everything he sang a joy. AND did you notice his diction? and his breath control?
He is not a handsome man by any means, especially if you compare him with the ID boys but who cares, when he can sing like that cheers I love you sunny
Another thing I admire so much about Bryn, he is a family man first and foremost.
He recently cancelled a performance at the esteemed Royal Opera House in London because his youngest son had an accident and was calling for his Da. It did not go down well with the opera freaks (and i suppose I am one but not at that particular time).
Again thank you
Hugs
Vera
Back to top Go down
vivi
divesline historique
divesline historique
vivi

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 8:44

Vera it's really a pleasure to give you these vids. If you ever want more just ask ! Your wishes are orders, lady... Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
Heaven_lea27
copines!
copines!
Heaven_lea27

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 8:45

OOOOH

Thanks to the lovely Vivi, I now know how to embed the pics - HUGS VIVI!!! cheers

And to test it out I'm going to lower the high standards of all that has passed before by showing you this..

I'm sure this is typical of teenagers the world over, but it's so Aussie, it's kinda scary. I had a cousin who was exactly like this kid lol. geek

Anyways, I will raise the bar next time around, I just wanted to test it out lol

HUGS

Lea
Back to top Go down
vivi
divesline historique
divesline historique
vivi

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 8:54

Bravo ! you did it ! groupjump groupjump groupjump OMG ! you understood my english ?! A big big BRAVO for it ! Laughing
Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 Bravo
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun - 8:59

Lea that is so funny and so true where most teens are concerned, thanks for the laugh! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!   Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Villa Flore FM......Its all about the music!!!!
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bienvenue sur la Divesline :: Free Open IRISH BAR-
Jump to: